1. “It’s my fault.” The minute that your roofing contractor admits blame, they’re going to have to pay to repair the problem. Even if it is their fault, they will often direct blame towards something else. Sometimes the something else, will be their workers or the roofing manufacturer.
2. “I’ll be over immediately.” I think that the word immediately in the construction business, often refers to a time schedule that meets the roofing contractor’s needs and not the homeowner or client. Whenever a roofing contractor says that they will be over immediately, you can plan on a few days at least.
3. “The new roof I installed is leaking.” This doesn’t make any sense, the roofing contractor had just installed a new roof, how could it be leaking. Most of the time these roofing contractors will act confused, when you call them about a roof leak. Especially the ones who didn’t do the work themselves.
4. “I’ll refund you some of your money.” If a roofing contractor bids your job, and adds a little bit more money, because he expects some difficulties and these difficulties never occur, why wouldn’t your contractor refund you some of your money. I don’t think this is ever going to happen.
5. “My roofing crew isn’t qualified.” This is the best one yet, some roofing crews, have one guy that kind of knows what he’s doing and he’s leading around two or three others that are trying to figure out, how to roof the house. This happens every once in a while and it’s sad, but when a large roofing company, gets busier and takes on more work than it should have, they seem to hire anyone, to fill the void.
I’m just messing around with a roofing contractors, I hope you had fun reading this article, even though it doesn’t apply to every roofing company and for the most part, most roofing companies that have been around, for over 20 years, seem to be responsible and provide excellent service to their customers.