Although, the roofing provides the right protection, by preventing the weather elements from degrading the roof structure, it usually has a short lifespan (usually of less than 10 years).
If you have a flat roof and you would like to use the roll roofing, here are the steps that you should follow:
• Before you start the installation you need to ensure that you have the right tools with you. The tools that you need are: electric burner, ladder, hammer, nails and Tar.
• Once you have these tools you should plug in an electric burner into an electrical outlet and then set the burner to a low setting. You should then place a metal bucket filled with tar on top of the burner and heat the tar until it’s spreadable.
• Once the tar is spreadable you should place the ladder against the home exterior so that you are able to gain access to your roof.
• To ensure that you don’t keep on going down the ladder you should go with everything on the roof. This means that you should go up the ladder with the warmed tar, roofing nails, hammer, mop and the rolled roofing.
• When you get on the roof you should start spreading tar with a mop. For ideal results you should start spreading from the middle of the roof.
• Once you complete applying the tar, you should lay out the rolled roofing over the warm tar then fasten the roofing to the roof using a hammer and roofing nails. For the roof to be set perfectly in place you should ensure that you space the nails eight inches apart.
• You should then spread tar on one of the rolled roofing then lay another row of the rolled roofing over the tar. When laying the other row you should ensure that you overlap the rolls. It’s recommended that you overlap the two rolls by 3-4 inches. Once the second roll is in place you should nail it.
• You should continue spreading tar and laying out new rolls until the entire flat roof is covered. When the entire roof is covered, you should spread tar over the overlapping seams and allow the tar to dry.
As you can see it’s easy to install the roll roofing; however, if you don’t have time or you are unable to install the roof on your own, you should highly consider hiring the services of professional roofer who will do the work for you.