The main aim of any roof type is to provide different homeowners with the kind of protection they need especially from nature’s fury. As such, when you walk past various homes, you will identify different types of roof trends, roofing materials and techniques as well. There are some that are quite expensive, while others are affordable. The main objective here is that, regardless of whether expensive or cheap, they are able to provide the security a majority of homeowners need. Since there are various different kinds of buildings and structures in an urban city today, modern roof trends have emerged to suit the purpose. They have to ensure that installation, maintenance and energy efficiency are balanced. Here are some of the modern roof trends that can easily be noticed today.
– Green Roof: This is a kind of roof style where layers of soil gravel and even plants are used in order to create roof-top gardens. Here, the vegetation used on the roofs act as a shade in improving energy efficiency and protecting a home from solar heat. The plants that are used on the roofs may a major role in ensuring all contaminants have been filtered from the air and this in turn improves air quality. Additionally, the plants ensure storm water runoff has been reduced in order to prevent water pollution.
– Rubber Roof: This is a modern roof style that entails single-layers of PVC membranes. Here, rubber roofing is applied in rows then the seams joined using chemical sealants to ensure there are no leaks. It is up to the homeowner to choose the color of rubber roof since the building managers use different colors such as gray, tan, black and white among other shades.
– Built-up Roof: From the mentioned roof trends, it is important to know that, this roof trend is the most sought for by various homeowners. Here, an organic fabric is held together with various layers of coal tar. The coal tar layers are used as much as possible to ensure that the roof is more waterproof and long lasting as well.
– Cool Roof: This is a modern roof style where different materials are used by builders in order to create the roof. For instance, you will spot a light-colored finish that plays a major role in reflecting sunlight while at the same time improving the general building efficiency. This type of modern roof trend is the most sought for by several homeowners due to the fact that, it improver an occupant’s comfort and this in turn ensures that all air conditioning costs are kept at bay. Remember, you can choose the coating that you want on your roof.
– Modified Bitumen System: In this kind of trend, various sheets of asphalt-coated rubber are applied to the roof level through the use of heat welding. A mineral-coated cap sheet is then added to it with an aim of protecting the lower layers from weighing the roof down. Additionally, they ensure that no wind regardless of whether it is soft or strong destroys the roof.