This tool is the latest model in a line of popular roofing nailers from Stanley Bostitch. The body is made from lightweight magnesium and weighs in at just 4.8 pounds. It has been armored with skid-resistant pads and carbide inserts to minimize damage from abrasive shingles. In fact, this nailer has been tested by dragging it across 75 miles of shingles in a testing laboratory.
Stanley Bostitch Roofing Nailer – Five Things Buyers Liked
1. Overall Performance. 13 buyers were very pleased with how the nailer performed on their roofing and siding projects. They especially liked the speed and power it delivered to the job. One buyer noted that this nailer really outperforms others he had used in extremely cold weather.
2. Reliability. Eight buyers specifically mentioned the reliability of the firing mechanism, with very few jams or misfires. In fact, one buyer reported his nailer only had one jam in over 200 roofs.
3. Weight. Seven buyers were impressed with the light weight and good balance of this roofing nailer.
4. User Friendly. Six buyers felt this tool was very easy to use. They especially liked the speed and ease of the single-action, side-loading mechanism. Most other roofing nailers have two mechanisms for the coil loading and nail feed.
5. Value. Four buyers commented that this is a good tool for the price.
Stanley Bostitch Roofing Nailer – What Buyers Didn’t Like
Jamming. There were a few buyers who had problems with their nailer jamming or misfiring. It was noted that this may have been caused by the nails, and this nailer works best with Bostitch nails.
Stanley Bostitch Roofing Nailer – The Bottom Line
20 of 23 buyers loved this tool and gave it a four or five-star rating.